Listing | Selling
There’s nothing better than owning a home in beautiful Arizona. We are blessed with a wonderful lifestyle surrounded by beautiful landscapes and unique architecture. I have over 23 years of interior design experience and expanded into real estate in 2015 to help my clients stage, sell, and buy their homes. I love the challenge of a home and getting it ready for sale, and I’d really like to help you with your next move.
Whether buying or selling real estate, you can count on me as your trusted Group One Realty Realtor® to assist you every step of the way.
Why You Should Choose Me
Excellent Service. Expect top-notch education, professionalism and accessibility to whatever questions you may have along the way.
Trusted Advisor. I’ll walk you through the process and be aggressive – but caring – so we buy or sell quickly and in the most efficient manner.
Digitally Enhanced. Your buying and selling experience will be completed real-time as we utilize the latest technology to sign and submit contracts digitally.
Staging Queen. If you want to sell, I know exactly how to most effectively stage your home to provoke buyers’ interest. I’m the right agent for the motivated seller.
Design Eye. During showings, I’ll point out potential investment opportunities so you see the true vision for the home. Plus, as a designer, we can continue working together for a seamless renovation experience.
Market Knowledge. I have my finger on the pulse of all things real estate in Arizona. I know the average days on the market and comps for your desired or existing neighborhood.
Investment Expert. I have a keen eye for neighborhoods and homes, which will reap the biggest investments. As we all know, whether you plan to stay for days or years, your home is an investment.
Experienced Renovator. My knowledge of fixer-uppers and knack for knowing a good buy has helped many homeowners select the right investment home to renovate. Plus, my network of professional connections will assist during the walk-through process to help identify costs for negotiations with sellers.
Important Real Estate Tips
Be prepared. Are you really ready to buy? Timing and financing are key to home buys right now. Be prepared to move when a desirable home comes onto the market.
Get pre-qualified. Work with a local mortgage broker early in the process so that you are ready to make an offer and purchase when the opportunity arises. Telling the seller that you are pre-qualified can help when encountering bidding wars.
Know your budget. The pre-qualification will also help determine your budget. This helps maximize your time with me so that we don’t look at properties outside the budget or negotiating reason.
Learn the neighborhoods. Take time driving around the neighborhoods within your desired location. We can concentrate on your top five neighborhoods and I can begin grassroots marketing when needed to help you secure your number one location. Also, get to know service providers and schools assigned to that neighborhood.
Learn about comps. Your listing price is key to a quick and successful sell, and I want to make sure you achieve a 96% or higher (list to sell price). I’ll review your neighborhood comps with you and together we’ll price your home appropriately.
Know your bottom line. Many home sells result to negotiations, and it’s important that I know about your bottom figure so that I help make the right recommendations. I’ll do everything in my power to achieve the most possible.
Make necessary investments. If you are aware of breaks, leaks, cosmetic and other small damages to the home, it can be less costly to fix them before listing the home. This will help the home show better and fewer items will show up during the home inspection (which means less bargaining chips for the buyer).
Stage adequately. This is where I can help you immensely. Because I am also an interior decorator, I know how to properly set up your home so that it’s pleasing to the buyer’s eyes. From small decorating items like pillows and throws, to setting the ambience with candles, lights, music and fans, we’ll make sure your home is 100% desirable.
Your home may be one of the biggest investments you make. When selling your home, an investment in home improvements and staging could give you a substantial return. Most often, this will pay for any improvements you make many times over as Home Gain statistics will show. The fees for professional staging services and home repairs are typically 1% – 3% of the selling price of the home. Staging is highly recommended for most homeowners, and we will work together to give you cost effective options that you are comfortable with in staging your home.
HOME STAGING CHECKLIST
- Reduce the number of family photos throughout your home.
- Use scented items to create an inviting smell in your home. Bad odors can deter some buyers.
- Clean all windows inside and out, ensuring they are functioning properly. If during the winter months, cleaning the inside of the windows should be sufficient.
- Repair broken items in your house (doors, cracks, etc.). In most cases buyers will ask for broken items to be repaired.
- Rearrange furniture or move furniture room to room to create more space and open area.
- Vacuum all carpet and hard wood floors.
- Scrub and clean tile and grout throughout your house.
- Empty the garbage daily to reduce odors.
- Repair all holes in walls.
- Clean all surfaces. Put toiletries in drawers or cabinets.
- Leave out a bottle of hand soap or a clean bar of soap, along with a hand towel.
- Fold in thirds on towel racks daily. Purchase new towels if you needed.
- Clear all items out of shower stalls and tubs except for necessities.
- Keep toilet lids closed.
- Hide garbage can and cleaning supplies out of sight.
- Clean the shower curtain, or replace if needed.
- Repair any cracking or peeling areas and clean any moldy areas. Paint if needed.
- Give your shower and tub a fresh bead of silicone caulking around the edges to make them look neat and clean.
- Make beds daily and replace bedding if needed.
- Clear off night stands, dressers, etc.
- Pick up all clothes off the floor.
- Store extra books, magazines, or miscellaneous items underneath the bed.
- Keep closet doors closed. If you have a walk-in closet keep the floor clean and free of laundry and clutter.
- Make sure the doors open easily. Fix any creaking sounds.
- Arrange items to create a tidier closet.
Den, Family Room, Living Room, Sun Room:
- Clear off all coffee tables and end tables.
- Remove all ashtrays.
- Move pet food bowls out of sight.
- Clear off dining table, leave a center piece or other decorative item.
- Remove additional leaves from tables to make the room look bigger.
- Clear all unnecessary objects from the kitchen countertops.
- Remove all pictures, magnets, drawings, messages, etc. from the refrigerator.
- Repair broken tile or loose corners on counters.
- Clean the stovetop and oven.(Several days prior) Replace burner pans if they are badly stained.
- Keep the kitchen sink clean and empty.
- Remove all soaps, sponges, and supplies out of sight and under the sink.
- Keep counters and sink clean and empty.
- Make sure that light bulbs are working, replace with higher wattage bulbs to create more light if needed.
- Put soaps, towels, etc. in cupboards.
- Remove all garbage cans, wood scraps, extra building materials, etc.
- Repair broken fences and paint if necessary.
- Stain or paint your front door. Fix any dings or dents.
- Check gutters and roof for dry rot and moss. Be sure to clean the gutters on a regular basis.
- Spray down your panels or paints with a mixture of water and soap to help clean off any residue.
- If your house has paint, check to see if it needs to be touched up or repainted.
- Check panels and replace any panels that are broke.
- Remove any dead plants and weed all planting areas.
- Keep your lawn freshly cut and edged.
- Prune bushes and trees.
Patios and Decks:
- Sweep all walkways and patios or decks.
- Decks should be cleaned, stained or painted if needed.
- Sweep out and organize. Keep storage in garage neat.
- Arrange tools and place into tool chests or containers.
Start Your Home Search or Sell Your Home
It’s time to get the process started. If you’re ready to look for a new home, shop around, list your home, talk through selling or buying strategies, or invest in a new property, simply contact me directly and we’ll get started right away.